Wednesday, August 3, 2016

It's August???

Umm.... yeah where did 2016 go??? It’s like already over hahahah :) the new 2017 class is about to start the school year! The NFL is starting up again.... like where is the time going?

I love it but I hate it at the same time because it’s like... wow..... What if I don’t want to come home.... I love my mission and I don’t want it to end honestly!! This has been the greatest experience of my life and I love gaining knowledge and drawing closer to the lord thought his wonderful gospel!!! I love IT!!!! This week has been great! A lot of people to teach and a lot of new people as well!
The blitz that we are doing with the ward is amazing!!!! And really fun! The reactivation of the less actives is amazing to see! New faces every week the attitude in the ward is on a positive high and the member missionary relationship has grown in was I never thought was possible! I love this area! I love working hard with the members. Not only do we have powerful lesson with less actives but we receive new investigators though it all! And it’s not like just the normal investigators.... it "gold mines" and they are powerful!!! 

I’m having a great time on mission and I’m learning a lot..... Amo is 21 and palesa is 15 after they are baptized we go back and reteach them the lesson. They have a lot of good friends now in the church so they are really solid! Amo is like super powerful and like studies like crazy you would think she has been a member for years now! The blitz thing that we are doing has been soooooo successful!!! We have a lot of less actives coming back to church. We have received about 4 new people this week to teach! Our stats are growing like crazy!!! We are super busy putting 10 hour days in often. It’s really amazing how fast the area can grow when the missionaries and the members are working hard and the lord then can trust us with his children and literally puts people in our paths! We have ran into so many gold mines.

But this week we have a zone conference.... actually today... It is elder Mears last zone conference!!! That is crazy I remember when he wasn’t even a year yet!! Now he goes home in like two months or less!!! I’m excited for this zone conference elder Lubamba from our MTC group is now in our zone.... So it is me Elder Weiler and elder Lubamba in this zone.... Pretty cool! We are having a zone vs. zone soccer match.... the winning zone gets ice cream from the other zone.... So we better win hahahah :) then we are all staying in the bloem hotel tonight because tomorrow we are having a zone activity... We are going to a military museum and then mini golfing so that should be a lot of fun as well :) man mission is just so cool!!! Then as you know we gotta play basketball at least once before Mears leaves hahahh :) 

So let me talk to you about the Koloku family!!!! Well...... yeah they are getting dunked This Saturday!!! 4 Baptisms in the last 3 weeks pretty power! The koloku's will be the first success story from tracting that I’ve had on mission!! And on top of that it’s not just an ordinary baptism.... the family is planning on going to the temple and getting sealed.... we are baptizing the parents then teaching the little ones and then entate will be able to baptize them... I sure hope I am here for that!! The family went from not even liking to talk to their neighbors to all of the sudden an instant change of heart and just open... loving... caring.... just all the above!!! They defiantly have changed their life around and you can see the light of Christ just brighten them!!!! I love this family!! 

And this is the reason I came on mission..... To not only teach but to grow with a family.... to help the best I can but to allow the lord to use me as a mouth piece to help bless the lives of others! I love these experiences!!! This is really the best thing ever!!! I love seeing my testimony grow and just feeling so close to the lord and Jesus Christ and just learning so much!!! It’s really cool!!! Read your scriptures every single day!!!!!! And don’t just read use the foot notes!!! This is truly the greatest thing ever on this earth.... the gospel..... Nothing else better!! I’m happy I’m fine.... I hope everyone has a great week :) be safe and drink lots of water in all that heat hahahah :) yeah its cold here but I love it.... just not when my fingers are about to fall off when we are riding a bike hahahah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment