Hello every one this is elder grange speaking :)
Hope that you all had a great Christmas and new year, 2016
YOOOO!! I can’t believe it’s already 2016! 2017 I’ll be home... cool :) What
did you guys do for new years? Don't be afraid to email me ill make sure that I’ll
read them and send a small email back to you if I got time, but I do
really enjoy reading everyone’s email.
For me my Christmas didn't really feel like Christmas because it
was hot, and no snow or family so it was kind of weird :) Also my new year’s
was a lot of fun. We stayed up and watched the fireworks: 0 man when it was midnight there
was so many fireworks it was insane!!! We also had some fireworks and enjoyed
the night with some members in the area :) Everyone was super nice on new year’s
and everyone would just scream out of the car windows saying happy new year!!
It was just a lot of fun :) members fed us like crazy though so that was nice!
a lot of great food :) They love ketchup here like they put a lot of it on
anything!! So usually parts of a meal consist of white rice with just ketchup
mixed in with it.... not the best but it’s alright :) They also drink this one
drink called ginger beer..... IT IS THE BEST!!! It’s not actual beer it doesn't
have any alcohol in it. But I’m learning how to make it so I seriously love it
so much. It’s like a fruity ginger taste drink and it has kind of a burn in the
back of your throat because of the ginger yeah it’s just the best!! It’s really
cool how they cook here and I’m pretty sure that I’m going to cook like they do
when I get back home. They use what they call a braii stand, it’s like a grill
but its half of an oil metal can if that makes sense then they weld legs on in
and use a fire and char coal and the meat just tastes so much better over a
open fire!
Anyways about my week :)
So this week was a lot of fun and powerful, we have a lot of new
and progressing investigators. They are all doing great and we try to see each
of them at least 1-2 times a week. We have a lot of our investigators who has
had some lessons by missionaries before and now they are just ready to accept
the gospel now. They are all so cool and powerful and everyone is different :)
We have also been doing a lot of service this week mainly just gardening and
moving things. That's nice because we get to learn how they do their gardening.
I really enjoy service because it builds trust with the people and members and
investigators, plus it’s like a workout and you get to learn things for your
future life. Mission is just the best!!!
So some cool interesting fun or whatever stories this week :)
Well there was a lady that we met last Sunday at church. She
grew up in Lesotho and then went to BYU because she got a scholarship
because he English was so great anyways she met a guy from Clearfield I think..
And they got married. Well they came back to visit and we were talking and she
asked where I lived. And I said Hooper and she said Hooper totally right. I
guess she worked at Hooper tomato days and sold shirts. So that super cool to
run into her.
We have this dog at our flats, he is the land lord’s dog.
Anyways at first he was scared of us but now he really likes us so we play with
him every night so that's a lot of fun to kind of have a dog I guess. We named
him buddy, and sometimes give him our left overs :) it’s sad the dogs here are
definitely not a man’s best friend they are all super skinny and un healthy but
occasionally you will see a very healthy good looking dog so you know that that
dog is a man’s best friend.
This week we have gone to this less active member’s house
occasionally. We share spiritual thoughts and just help them. We have also been
making some beats on his computer because the brothers (age 17 and 21) are like
super good at DJ so we make beats for fun and they are super cool :) We play
uno with them and sometimes have a dance off so that house is a lot of fun to
go to if we get bunked or if we are just having a bad day :)
Elder Rowe is just the best! He is helping me so much and is a
powerful missionary! I think it’s time for me to leave this area though. I need
to be with someone who is in my group or at least in the same area. I really
want to run into Doney. I think that would be really cool if I saw him! I heard
that he is killing it though!!
That's about all I can think about writing this week. If anyone
has any question send them and I’ll try to involve them in my weekly letters.
Miss you all have a wonderful week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment