Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Baptism Week!




This week was a very fun week. We watched the world cup rugby tournament and everyone was going crazy when South Africa played New Zealand! We went to the local Burger restaurant and watched it! We also found a basketball court outside that everyone goes to, it’s a lot like Clinton courts except it’s more like a stadium but outside. Everyone thought that Elder Mears and I were in the NBA because we were the only ones that could shoot threes and dunk it that was a lot of fun! Today after I email is out District activity, Were are playing soccer against the Lesotho team , Missionaries Vs. a Legit team, Yeah we are going to get murdered but that's alright! I bought an Argentina Soccer Jersey and I’m buying some cleats just for the game, and the rest of my mission! Then we are having a big BBQ after the game and possibly might kill something to cook idk yet that is the Zone Leaders Decision.

So there isn't much to write about just a couple of stories.

Yesterday was the first baptism of mission. It was so cool. Me and Elder Mears taught this kid from lesson one. He was the first person I taught the restoration too. And He just progressed rapidly and was baptized. The whole family has been baptized except him, That was because his family went in active when he was 3. His family hasn't been to church since. His father was 2nd Counselor of the branch presidency then they just stopped. They All came for his baptism and it was amazing how the member welcomed them back and how much they opened back up in church. I know that they will be coming more often. Elder Mears was the one who got in the water. I was a witness. It was a great experience.

We have a lot of new investigators and have more people on B Date. The work is very fruitful right now. I know that Heavenly father has prepared these people for us young white missionaries. I have finally got use to everyone called me MAHOA (White guy) Its actually pretty cool!

We tracted a lot this week and found a lot of cool people. And we also found some families that I am very excited about.

We met a lady named Agustina and she is a single mother of 2. She loves the lessons especially the plan of salvation! During that lesson I prayed and said heavenly father please help me know what I should share with this lady. It was a little windy and I just let my pages in my book of Mormon turn. They stopped on the perfect verse that I should share with here. It tied in the kingdoms of glory with baptism. And I asked her to commit to baptism so that she can inherit the kingdoms of glory and be with her family for eternity. It was the best feeling ever. The spirit there was so strong. We then Had a prayer and at the end of that pray She was just crying. I know that the lord prepared her for missionaries and this gospel! I love this work and the people that I’m serving!

I miss home but I know that this is more important for me in my life to serve. Through this gospel anything is possible, even if you have the faith the size of a mustard seed! I know that if we pray and read the scriptures daily heavenly father will bless us with blessing even so many blessing that we won’t even know what to do with all of them!! I love Lesotho I have a feeling ill be here for a while.

Oh did you guys see that drawing of the little girl who was asked to draw what she saw at conference? So this little 5 year old was asked by her mother to draw what she saw at conference. She drew a picture of Thomas S. Monson talking and there were angels with wings next to him. When I saw this picture I got chills. I thought I wonder if President Monson saw those angels there with him. When he was struggling to stand I know that those angels where holding him up and giving him that strength. He is such a powerful guy and he is truly called of god to lead this church no doubt about that!

Miss you guys love you guys I’ll write you next week!!
Keep the people of Lesotho in your prayers please a lot of them are struggling.


--
Sala Hantle (stay well)


Elder Grange




No comments:

Post a Comment